Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum, SantraIstanbul Cultural Center/Art Museum in renovated industrial power plant, Hamam, Galata Bridge.
I have a cold now too and have had a sore throat for several days. I have a drippy nose. However, I do not care because I do not feel bad at all. I carry my bandanas as snot rags. Those are handy, remember that if you pack for a long trip.
Their stop sign is good for us Durhamites on so many levels. It just makes good sense.
Souffle and tea after lunch at the SantrasIstanbul Art Museum.
I bought a couple of shirts like this, which I like a lot.
This was made out of styrofoam. The building of the old industry turned art museum was very cool.
Part of it, it was too big to photography properly.
We went to a 500 year old Hamam (bathhouse) where a woman with the largest breasts I've ever seen scrubbed, rubbed, and washed us down on big slabs of marble.
For a while we played zilch (with dice) in the room to relax and unwind, then tonight we took the tram down to the Galata Bridge and had a fish sandwich (split it) and Polly had a beer. The area under the bridge is for restaurants and great views, while the cars zoom by above. It was a beautiful area. I think that just about every Turk smokes. Cigarette smoke all the time, everywhere. I really like this photo. I hope you do too.
Polly was enjoying the bridge atmosphere.
Here is a video clip of a small strange slice of life in the touristy section. The music is obnoxious, but I like the movement of the people, train, and scarves. Turn the sound off.
American music, by the way, is our biggest export (maybe second to Coke and the iPhone).








